Friday 29 March 2019

Chocolate delights and others

Today the postman delivered a package from Japan.   Walking between the postbox at the gate and my front door I read the customs label, "chocolate, cookies, soup"....  Anticipation built...
Only a few minutes later I opened the package to find these.
Ahh...Godiva chocolates.  Aren't they great?   Japanese packaging is exquisite - a feast for the eyes (and also for the stomach).  And... Morozoff Cookies
Both the DBEM and I are very happy!
But the most intriguing are these?
What do you think these might be?   Initially I thought they were individually wrapped macarons.  Closer inspection and I saw the word Soup.   Still the penny didn't drop.   Ahh savoury macarons, I thought.   How unusual.  But no, these are cup-of-soup -  corn potage, consomme and tomato.   Guess what I will be taking to work for lunch next week. 

7 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

How unusual!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely gift. I hope you enjoy your special treats.

Margaret said...

Ye I agree. Unusual but hopefully tasty. I'll update after eating.

Margaret said...

The DBEM will eat the chocolate; it is Lent you know;-). I will enjoy the soups.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely gifts Margaret, enjoy.

Margaret said...

Mother enjoyed the chocolates and I loved the soups so we are both happy!

Leonore Winterer said...

Custom declarations can be a spoil-sport! But that chocolate does look delicious.