Sunday 12 August 2018

And more Christmas

Both of these stitched up quickly and turned out a "good size" (according to the DBEM!)
I was pleased to find the bobble edging at a local shop and can now consider this project complete too.
One job this week is to cut the card squares needed to complete construction of the Quaker Friendship book.   But I have been easily distracted over the weekend with a Laurie R King book.   I love some of her writing - "the cat poured itself onto the floor and departed".
In my sentences cats leap or jump or are pushed but they don't pour.   However Laurie R King's phrasing is more picture than prose I think and for that reason has transferred itself to my notebook of memorable quotes. 


3 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's funny how we all view books so differently - I can choose a book by reading the first few pages to see if I like the style. I recently read what I would consider to be one of the best books I've ever read and I stumbled upon it by chance.

Margaret said...

There are so many books to cater for so many tastes. I try to read a wide variety and this weeks haul from the library includes two cook books and a gardening book. I can but dream! But I love the fact my library is so close.

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely ornaments. I like that quote too...cats seem to move like liquid sometimes, so it's fitting!