Saturday 25 August 2018

When in doubt read the instructions

This week I pulled out of the basket the Quaker Friendship Book and made great headway on the construction.   All the necessary squares of cardboard were cut.   All the squares of pellon were cut.  All the squares of stitching were laced to pellon covered card.   A trip to the fabric shop was made and silk was purchased for the hinges and lining.
Wait!  What lining?  And at this point I read the instructions.
Oh dear.   The stitched squares were to be laced over heavy skirtex (=pelmet vilene in NZ).   All that hard work will need to be undone.   I'm not in the mood for that at the moment so back into the basket they go and I'm going to start something else.

Meanwhile I am stitching up some of the DBEM's knitting and sewing buttons on those.   Surely I can't go wrong there?

11 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh Margaret, I hope you will get back to this very lovely project soon. I make errors even when I've read the instructions which is sad.

Clare said...

Lovely the progress you stitch. I have days when I need to undo finishing:(. I have this design and wasn`t sure what to get to replace skirtex so can now go shopping for pelmet vilene. :)

Margaret said...

I will get back to it, just need a palate cleanser at the moment!

Margaret said...

Thanks Clare. I got my pelmet vilene at Spotlight -if that's any help.

Astrids dragon said...

Oops! I've done that while baking before and now I always read everything before starting.
It will look great when you decide to pick it up again!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, my. But as long as a mistake can still be fixed, it's not that bad, I guess :)

Margaret said...

I'm just completing another project and will get back and finish this one. The disappointment has worn off:-)

Margaret said...

You are quote right. It could have been far worse!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh no! At least it's fairly easily fixed, even if it is frustrating. It's going to be a lovely finish.

Margaret said...

I hope it will turn out well as I like the colour and the design

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Thank goodness, it was something that can be rectified. The stitched squares look lovely.