Monday 12 March 2018

At long last

I finally made the foundation work and two and two do make four.   Once that was completed it was easy to draw the threads and begin work on the Aztec Stitch.   My choice of floss has not given the best coverage but this is a bookmark so probably not destined to become an heirloom!
Amendments have been made to the instructions so that I will be able to be more accurate next time and I am thinking this could look good done in wool on a heavy linen as a cushion cover.

7 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I like your choice of colours.

deb said...

Looks incredibly intricate - beautiful work!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on solving the issues. Look upon this as a practise piece!

JoyceAnne said...

I used this same chart and found the same error but didn't correct it--just ended up with some unfinished threads. So happy to see that it wasn't just me and sometime I will do the bookmark again and change the counting. Thanks

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I actually worked a piece with this stitch many years ago...can't remember much about it. My eyes were better then, lol. Meanwhile good luck and keep up the walking; I'm sure it's good for the body.

Sheryl said...

This is gorgeous, pity about the chart issue.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that looks great! I had never seen this stitch before.