Sunday 18 March 2018

Almost there

Last week has been well occupied with activities other than stitching but this afternoon I did complete the Aztec Stitch on the bookmark.
Then I tacked out lines so I can do the mitred corners and finally complete this "simple job".   It has been a bit of a nightmare.   One thing I will be doing is taking some close up photos and rewriting my copy of the instructions so I don't have a repeat of this time's reversing and miscounting,
I'm thinking of doing some knitting next as a respite from the stress:)

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Very nice!

deb said...

Brilliant, absolutely stunning! And it's one of those that no matter how much someone who doesn't know the stitch (me!) looks at it, it's just impossible to figure out. Drawn thread, pulled thread, and everything's wrapped?

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It sounds as if your experience hasn't put you off doing the Aztec Stitch again.

Bonnie said...

Well it looks wonderful to me. Too bad it was such a nightmare for you. Hope your knitting respite is fun.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

At first glance it looks like a simple pattern but when you look closely you can see how complicated it really is. You did so well to actually complete this!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, this looks great! I'm glad you got over all the miscounting problems and finished.