Thursday 23 February 2017

And now for a change

Despite a black silicon splint I have managed to make progress.  Reverse stitching has been frustrating though and so I have decided this piece will go to Time Out.  
My physiotherapist tells me that next Tuesday we can celebrate a separation from the splint and then she will give me a stress ball to squeeze and thereby strengthen my hand.   I could have done with stress ball in the last five weeks!  Anyway I will forgo stitching until then and meanwhile spend evenings poring over sorting through some boxes from the stash cupboard.   If I can't stitch easily I can still dream big!   I feel the need for something other than cross stitch so watch this space!

6 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

That's great news :) I'm sure without the splint you'll be back with the crafting in now time. Until then, a little dreaming might be just the right thing to do!

Queeniepatch said...

Good to hear about your progress on the medical front. Yes, some projects need to be shelved; there is no reason to spend a lot of time reverse stitching. Dream big, and then pick a nice little project that is sure to strengthen your hand rather than strain it.

mskathk said...

So grateful you are healing! Following your progress from California, and being impressed with all you achieve.

deb said...

Wonderful news that the end of splint time is nearing! Stash sifting is a fairly good alternative when one can't stitch - looking forward to seeing/hearing about what you have in mind next.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am glad to hear that you are healing and will be able to craft again soon. Looking forward to seeing what you choose to start first.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Good to read that the splint will be removed soon.