Saturday 28 March 2015

Just a brief catch up tonight as I have a nasty head cold and am in no state for stitching or blogging.
This week I have been making strawberries and after completing one Florentine Stitch band on the left hand side realised it was half the designated width.   How fortunate that this stitch does not require reversing and additions are easily made :-)   What a messy shot this is but you can see what I mean.
And the local supermarket had these mini daffodils on sale for Easter!   It's autumn here in New Zealand and the deciduous trees are shedding their leaves, the chestnut tree is loaded, the walnuts are ready for harvesting and the shop decides it's Spring??   Anyway, I am a sucker for these cute miniature daffodils and we will enjoy them indoors, then I shall plant them in the garden and in September we shall enjoy them again.
I'm off for a date with a lemon honey drink and a box of tissues.

5 comments:

Pamela said...

So sorry you are feeling under the weather! The stitching and the flowers are lovely

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely strawberries and daffodils Margaret. I hope your cold improves quickly - I've been fighting a respiratory infection for three weeks now.

AliceKiss said...

Beautiful!

Ann said...

I love your strawberry motif! And hope you feel better soon--nothing is worse than a cold.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hope you feel better soon. I love your Florentine band, this is such a great stitch. I really don't use it enough!