Monday 7 February 2011

Progress Report HCS 5

Hello everyone -  life has been a little busy and consequently 'blog-less' this week.   But I do have some progress to show you.   This is the first band of the Holland portion of the Historic Countries Sampler.  It is rather more colourful than I had expected but the colours all work well together.   I am really enjoying this project.


I've also done side one of the Faith Hope and Charity Christmas Prism.   The fabric is a scrap of Lugana I had in my stash and DMC threads from my stock.   Somehow I doubt that I have a suitable fabric for the lining but as construction is a long way off I will leave that decision till later.


The blue cotton top is complete and has been "road tested".   I am more than pleased with both the colour and the fit.   Here it is with the skirt which provided the necessity for a top.   The garment took three balls less than expected and the wonderful lady at Wild and Woolly agreed to swap the excess for other yarn and Mother now has a new pattern and the yarn for her next Charity Creation.   Satisfaction all round!
Well good night all.   I'm off to do my evening chores.

2 comments:

sheri said...

Hi, that blue cotton is a perfect match for the skirt. It's a very pretty outfit.

I love stitched candles. Can't wait to see what this will look like when finished.

HCS is looking great!

Shelleen said...

your progresses look great.