Sunday 23 August 2009

Some more photos of the exhibition

First the giant biscornu - I have never seen one this big. Imagine a cushion on the sofa - that size and made in a biscornu shape!! The top was all done in various pulled thread stitches and the base was wonderful surface stitchery. Joining two different types of fabric into a perfect biscornu shape is hugely difficult I know but even though I admire the stitching this biscornu was just gigantic!!
Second a gorgeous sewing box cover. I was really taken with this - all the little houses and buildings around the outside edge. Everything was so precise and the design fitted perfectly into what could have been an awkward shape.


Third a rather appealing needlework set in lovely shades of pale apple green, lavendar and a few touches of pink. A real sampler of pulled thread stitches and some bullion roses - I was rather taken with the riboon tie fastening the flannel needlebook pages into the spine. One day I may try and imitate this.
Have a good week everybody. I am stitching a squirrel tonight and at present he looks like a rat so I need to get his bushy tail on prompt smart.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Interested to know what exhibition these photos were taken at? a nice suprise to see one of my designs, the needlework set, taught several years ago.

tintocktap said...

Do you know who the designer is of the giant biscornu? I'd love to find out!