Saturday 20 July 2024

And so life goes on

 It is now almost three weeks since I returned home and I’m still in the midst of a “back to earth with a bump” syndrome.   Adjusting to the cold and wet of winter is a work in progress but it is good to catch up with family and friends again.

After indulging in too many Cream Teas in the UK and cafe outings in The Netherlands I’m trying to eat more healthily and exercise regularly.   So far so good!   Im working through my collection of soup recipes and this week it is a particularly delicious pumpkin one.   Roast pumpkin, carrot and tomato flavoured with herbs and then maple syrup and yogurt are added when it is served.  Yum!😋 

The only ball of wool I brought back has been knitted into a pair of winter socks.   Thank you to the Blue faced Leicester sheep and the West Yorkshire Spinners.   Every time I wear these I will think of my wonderful trip and how Little Sister and I collected Knitting Shops!   

I brought home this bookmark kit too and enjoyed stitching and remembering the little grey squirrels who kindly played with me in the park on York.   They were such fun and a really happy tick on My List.

And I have decided on my next embroidery project - a hardanger runner for my coffee table.   I’m currently tacking it all out so that I’m sure it will be the correct size and this activity also fills in the time while I wait for my order of the necessary DMC Perle thread to arrive.

Next week my neighbour wants to come for a cup of tea and a chat so I plan on making a Ginger Crunch slice and  indulging in some nostalgia of my visit to Sarah Nelson’s Gingerbread Shop.   That was heavenly gingerbread!

5 comments:

Linda Meyer said...

I miss your daily posts.

Frugally challenged said...

That soup sounds wonderful! It is very hot here in Lincolnshire at the moment but I shall look for a recipe when pumpkins come into season here.

Have you any more travel projects on the distant hosizon?

diamondc said...

Hi Margaret: For us after an extended vacation we have a tough time getting back to normal also.
Love the book mark so cute, your socks are lovely, I am looking forward to seeing the table runner stitched.
The soup sounds yummy.

Catherne

Leonore Winterer said...

It must be tough readjusting to regular life after such a marvelous vacation, I'm glad you have some handmade souvenirs to remember your trip by :)

Chris said...

Love the colour of the socks and they will be warm I know as I have used that wool too, I guess it will take a while to settle back at home after such a wonderful holiday.