Sunday 28 July 2024

Into routine again

 Last week was cold but fine days so the lawn got mowed and the garden got a general tidy up and I managed to get out for walks so all is good with life Down Under.

The city where I live is bordered on one edge by a large river and the council have provided a well maintained and safe river walk.   Yesterday I remembered to stop and take a photograph.

And the mailman brought the package of kits I had ordered from The Nutmeg Company so of course I had to make a start.   Before that I carefully packaged up the other projects and the linens and charts I had sorted out.  They are back in the cupboard and I’m well on the way to box number one, “Evening in Westminster”.   I’m currently working on the outer lid.  The red bus, building and lamp are on the inside of the lid. 

It is many many years since I have stitched on Aida but I can see that the stiffness of the fabric make it totally suitable for box making so I’m doing my best to ignore my preferences for pure linen and so far so good.   The instructions for both stitching and construction are very detailed and all necessary ingredients are supplied so I’m hopeful of success.

My meal plan for this week has been written, my grocery shopping is done, the daily schedule is full but not too full and next Saturday is an embroidery get together at a small town a short drive away so I intend going to that.   Yes!   I’d say that normal routine is re-established!


4 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

And what will your next adventure be!!!

Is the new header your work?

Clare-Aimetu said...

That looks a great project, perfect to reflect your travels. Life does soon return to as it was after a holiday doesn't it, and it's surprising how the time goes.

Linda Meyer said...

Love the box. I have a couple of The Nutmeg Needle kits - 3D Houses - but haven’t started them yet. I stitch only on linen but your findings about Aida and construction make good sense and I will keep that in mind.

Leonore Winterer said...

Soundsl ike you settled in back home alright. What a lovely kit and I'm sure seeing the little stitched designs will bring up memories of your trip now!