Sunday 25 February 2024

And a finish!

 Voila!   

I took the class for this last September and am very pleased to have it complete.   There was some reverse stitching as the blue DMC floss required a second skein and was a different batch number so I had to unpick and ensure that the full bandwidth was the same batch.   Can you notice the difference?   Probably it’s only me who can tell!

The local quilting shop lady insisted that a plan weave linen would be a good lining fabric.   I’m not totally convinced but as this piece is only going to be stored in my cabinet and not in use it was a price decision in the end.  And all is well.

So now I have something ready for the March Show and Tell stitch group I attend.  Happy happy.

7 comments:

Chris said...

It is absolutely beautiful Margaret and beautifully stitched as usual.

Frugally challenged said...

Oh Margaret! Sometime could you do a post about the contents of your display cabinet? It must be a wonbderfuk sight!

Pamela said...

This is gorgeous! Well done!

Lyn Warner said...

It's beautiful! All the unpicking was well worth it for such a lovely embroidery.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous! And with how elaborate the outside is, I think the plain lining suits it well. Well done!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a beautiful finish. Of course we can’t see where the blues changed!
I’d also like to have a little tour of your gorgeous display cabinet.

Jan said...

I've read your blog for a long time but have never left a comment.Your work is incredible and so beautifully done. I love seeing what you're working on from time to time so -- thank you for showing so many lovely pieces.