Sunday 8 May 2022

Hardanger Sewing Set and....

 Today I completed the cord drawstring for the hardanger sewing set and I'm very pleased with the result.   Only two more sets to go and each of my brother's grand daughters should have one :)


I have begun a new cross stitch - a map of the world created of icons from most of the countries (but not all).  It is addictive as well as enjoyable.   Some of the icons I cannot 'decipher' so have sent a msg to the designer asking if they can provide a list of those they used.   I'm not 100% hopeful of a reply but meanwhile am enjoying this stitch.

I'll be back in a few days with some progress to report.



5 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great hardanger work, I love doing this type of stitching. Your map of the world is a lovely project.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great work on another sewing set, and I love your new cross stitch! So cute.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

So pretty the linens and fibers you chose are working so nicely with each other

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The sewing set is lovely, I like the darker blue fabric with the contrast of the white thread.
I can see you've stitched Africa and Madagascar with the lemur so far so the symbols must be OK so far!

Heritage Hall said...

You never cease to amaze with the volume and skilled content you produce, Margaret. Any young
woman should be thrilled to own a sewing set of such beauty...