Monday 30 May 2022

Repeato Ditto

 On Saturday afternoon I once again had to push the ambulance emergency button as the DBEM collapsed on me.   So off we went to our "favourite spot" in Emergency Department where we were promptly seen by a lovely young doctor who ordered lots and lots of tests.   So of course hours later we were still awaiting results.  But being more au fait with ED now after the visit the week before I went home, phoned the siblings, had a very late dinner and took myself to bed.  Whereupon in the middle of the night the phone rang; a call from the lovely doctor.   There had been an influx of Covid cases and she wanted to send the DBEM home where the doctor felt she would be safer in my care.   Naturally this is what the DBEM wanted too so I got dressed again and went out into the cold frosty night to collect her.   (No serious diagnosis just 'frailty of old age')

Result is I am currently confined to quarters as I can't leave her alone and she requires assistance to mobilize and to toilet.   Little Brother came for a couple of hours today and I managed a quick visit to the gym to exercise off some stress.

Other stress relief has been the cross stitch Map of the World.   I'm almost complete now and it is such fun.  There are only a couple of icons I cannot guess  -  perhaps you can help out.   What is the one below the bottle of maple syrup in Canada?  A turkey??

Hopefully a photo of the completed map tomorrow.  Meanwhile, Goodnight.


6 comments:

Lyndle said...

Sorry to hear about your Mum’s hospital trip. Getting old is a bugger.
It could be a turkey! Weird shape though! I wondered about pizza… but does it have legs?

Ruth said...

I thought of pizza too - maybe the “legs” are the strings of mozzarella???

dianne said...

i see a baseball and a slice of pizza ... hope your mom is feeling better and you have some peace of mind

Wanda McColl said...

I'm so sorry about your Mom and hope she is feeling better soon. Thinking about you and sending prayers for both of you.

Fiona V said...

I agree with Dianne, a baseball and a slice of pizza with melted cheese dripping off the edge.
Take care of yourself as well as your Mum!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another vote for pizza!
Sorry to hear about Mum, maybe time to get some homecare to help look after her so you can get out for an hour or two without worrying?