Friday 1 April 2022

Finished….what to do next

 The small sewing set is finished - I even had a pair of small scissors to suit.   

And that is three sets complete.   

With six great-nieces in that branch of the family I am only half way!   But I am determined to use up my fine count linen and so what to do next.   Another sewing set of course!   

This one is on some 32 count blue linen from stash with DMC 932 in perle 8 and 12 ( also from stash).  Some years ago I did a course in Ukrainian Whitework with Gay Eaton and it seems fitting to be stitching that technique at present.  Her book is no doubt long out of print but it is a great resource and from it one can really teach oneself this technique.   Admittedly my eyes are complaining at the strain of diagonal round eyelets but I am enjoying this greatly.  I have started on the needlebook -  which since taking this photo is well on the way to completion.

The DBEM has been unwell with a chest infection which is not Covid as the doctor did a Rapid Antigen Test to check.   Currently she is on a course of antibiotics and seems to be improving.   We have been enjoying several audiobooks and are with Michael Palin on his Pole To Pole at present.  

And that's about all for tonight.   I've had a busy day with the DBEM's medical appointments and so will make a cup of tea and it's off to bed for me.

6 comments:

Heritage Hall said...

Oh Margaret, what treasures those sewing kits are...the girls will be thrilled to have
such heirlooms. Hope your Mom is comfortable well on the way to recovery. Blessings.

Chris said...

These are beautiful, wish I was on your list for a gift of one.. so pretty. Did you ever meet up with someone where you had moved to? I remember you speaking about trying to get into a social group, I do hope so.

Wanda McColl said...

Your nieces will prize those beautiful sewing kits! I'm sending prayers for both you and your dear mom Margaret.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What beautiful sewing sets, and such lucky nieces.
Hope Mum feels better soon. Glad it's not Covid, everyone seems to be coming down with it now. More than last year! But luckily not as severe.

Sandy said...

Such cute little bags of treasures. You're on the downward slope now with being half way there. Good luck getting the others done. Glad it's not Covid and hope everyone feels better soon. Hopefully you won't get it.
Sandy's Space

Leonore Winterer said...

So pretty, and how dutiful of you to jump right into the next one, which is also shaping up to be very pretty! Hope your mum will feel better soon.