Thursday 14 April 2022

 What have I been up to?   Well my eyes rebelled at the diagonal round eyelets in the newly started sewing set and after the third unpicking I put the whole thing into time out and started another piece in my favourite hardanger.   A small Christmas Ornament which I took some time to cut out very carefully.

The DBEM is much improved and in a far better frame of mind regards Covid so I can see that my “release date” will be soon and I can resume my small number of activities.  It has been very lonely staying away for these past four months and I will be happy to be back among people.   Our local Health Board tells us that ‘the Omicron Peak has passed but the Pandemic has not’ so we are still all being very careful. However now that the DBEM is less fearful I am much relieved.

I have begun yet another sewing set - this one in hardanger - and in a rare divergence from my usual tone on tone I decided to do this one in bright white on dark blue.   So far so good and I am hopeful that the final set will look as I envisage it.

At Embroiderers Guild a small group tackled Hardanger Tassels and of course I had to join in.   Someone asked how many I had made…I don’t really know but a quick estimate got me to about 60 and there are now another two to add to the total.   No more for a while.  I am rather “tasseled - out” 😉


Yesterday while out walking I fell over (again!) and this time injured my chin ( a deep gash), my left wrist (a sprain it seems) my teeth (two chipped and broken) and my iPhone (now replaced).   So I am feeling a little sorry for myself and am on pureed foods only until I get to the dentist.   That will be good for the weight loss.

Back again when I have more to report.


5 comments:

Chris said...

Oh no Margaret as one paranoid about falling I feel your pain, how did it happen, did you trip over something? Have you thought of a walking stick I use mine for short walks, I call it my third leg! And as usual your stitching is perfect, so neat and even, you must be a star in the embroidery group.

Heritage Hall said...

Oh Margaret dear, so sorry about that fall, but humorously noted that DBEM and hardanger were
your primary topics... So glad Mother is feeling more secure to free you up to be out and
about... social exchange is a key ingredient to well being and all the shut-downs have
proven that point. Hope you are able to resolve your injuries and recover quickly. Please
take care and enjoy your lovely new projects... that Christmas one is so lovely...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I agree with Chris, a stout stick is a good idea. You can use it to hook down blackberries and beat off wild animals too.
Love your Hardanger tassles, they are beautiful.
I'm glad things are easing for you now. So many people have caught the new variation here but it doesn't seem to be making them as ill as before. Most of my friends have said it's a week of feeling flu-like. Some have had only a day or two of feeling unwell.

Leonore Winterer said...

I was about to comment on your pretty stitching and how glad I am you'll be able to go out again, and then you come around the corner with that fall...yikes! Hope you'll get your teeth fixed and feel better soon.

Sandy said...

Yikes, sorry to hear about the fall. Hope you heal soon. Have you tried any of the on line balance exercises and or yoga? There are some really good ones out there. Since you said you fell again, I thought I would mention it. I was religious about my yoga for awhile and could tell it was helping. Then I got out of the routine and am now trying to get back into it. The stitching is beautiful.
Sandy's Space