Thursday 3 December 2020

Happy Dance (or rather, a walk)

Tonight I went for a walk!   This momentous occasion needs to be recorded and as I don't keep a diary I'm logging this on my blog.   For well over 18 months I have had a painful left ankle/heel and last summer I exacerbated this by walking many many kilometres on it.   Neither the arthritis nor the heel spur appreciated my efforts at physical fitness and the result was I couldn't walk any distance without severe pain.   Now after six months of physiotherapy I have been for a 20 minute pain free walk tonight to the post box and back.   Oh happy day!!!

Now it is my right thumb that's giving me pain :(   I'm learning to use my left hand as the right thumb just doesn't work.   Another series of physio visits commence next week to address this.   Stitching time is of necessity limited but is not completely absent from my life.

8 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

How lovely to be able to walk pain-free again. All being well the physio visits will be just as good for your hand/thumb. I hope that your mother is keeping well after her recent trip to the hospital.

At Home In New Zealand said...

Well done Margaret, I'm glad you are able to get walking again. I've had arthritic sessions that have stopped me from walking, and can imagine how a heel spur would not help at all! Good luck with physio for your thumb.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on being able to get out for a walk. It really does make a difference to be able to get out in the fresh air.
Hope the thumb heals as well.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, I never realized you were having such issues - I remember all the walking you did and just assumed you were going out less because of the pandemic. Hope your thumb will behave itself soon as well!

Margaret said...

Thank you. Mother is well again at the moment.

Margaret said...

Thanks Margaret. I am very much enjoying being able to get out walking again - especially as my thumb has curtailed any embroidery:(

Margaret said...

Thanks Lenore. It seems to be one thing after another at the moment. Fortunately Mother is currently OK.

Margaret said...

Thanks Jo. Walking is very therapeutic isn't it.