Sunday 29 November 2020

Basket Band #3

 Despite mentioning at the beginning of the month that I needed a Grab And Go project I still don't have one prepared and at 3am this morning  I once again followed the ambulance carrying the DBEM to the hospital. I had no project to take nor did I think about it at the time.   Mind you I'd had only 3 hours sleep so probably wasn't in a good space to be stitching even though I had the time while sitting in the uncomfortable chair beside her bed.   We are both home again after the doctors gave her multiple tests and pokings and proddings.   A verdict of angina (?) and the DBEM is currently snoring in her arm chair.   I have done a few chores, generally tidied up after this mornings hurried exit and will now update this before retiring to my chair and having a few snores myself :)

The Basket Band is making good progress and I have the left hand side almost completed.   There is another batch of over one lettering to go in the floral cartouche (yet to be finished) so that will definitely wait until my eyes are less tired and my currently painfully inflamed right thumb has settled down.   The satin stich flowers in the left hand diamond band are not yet completed either.

My garden continues to delight and to provide surprises,  one of which is a very healthy peony which is covered in great cerise blooms.   The sweet peas are producing so many flowers that I cannot keep up even though I know they flower better if kept picked.   We have had heavy rain and wind for a few days so the roses are looking rather beaten about.   I need to get out and tidy things up this week.

8 comments:

Lyndle said...

So glad your mother is home again and hope you both catch up on sleep!

Wanda McColl said...

Thinking of you Margaret and praying that your DBEM continues to feel better. I love peonies and wished they lasted longer. Take good care.

Laura said...

Sorry to hear there are health issues going on. Prayers for better times ahead - my sister has been going through health problems of late so I do understand the long hours. Beautiful stitching!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry to hear that your Mum has been off to the hospital again.
The basket is progressing nicely, this will be a lovely finished project.

Clare-Aimetu said...

So sorry your Mum has been in hospital again, but pleased to read she is home. Basket Band is looking good.

At Home In New Zealand said...

I was sorry to hear DBEM has had another hospital visit. Take care, Margaret, and remember to look after yourself as well as your mum. Mxx

Leonore Winterer said...

I am no stranger to scary late night trips to the hospital, and I am so very glad this one turned out okay.
You really should get that grab and go bag ready - Murphy's law dictates that as soon as you have one, you are likely to not need it anymore!

Margaret said...

How right you are!