Tuesday 9 July 2019

See....

The stitching is now finished. 
This weekend I hope to go and find some suitable lining fabric to construct the notebook cover.   And then as a reward I will allow myself to stitch some hardanger :-)
My evenings are not totally devoted to stitching at the moment.   I am reading a book aloud to the DBEM.   A chance encounter at the Library with the book "Archbishop" by Michele Guinness led to a search for any others she had written and the discovery that the dynasty of the Guinness Beer Barons had a branch who had been intrepid missionary adventurers.   I further found that Michele's husband Peter's Grandmother had been brought up in the Brethren and that tenuous link with my own heritage has led to the enjoyment of this current book "Grace".   Perhaps not to everybody's taste, the DBEM and I are nonetheless enjoying our reading.

7 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

It's beautiful :) I'm glad to hear you and the DBEM are still enjoying your time together. Reading a whole book out loud takes some dedication!

Denise said...

Your 'C' is absolutely love & so detailed!
It will make a beautiful notebook cover.
Continue to enjoy your mom....

Frugally challenged said...

This notebook is going to be wonderful! The C is gorgeous.

Margaret said...

We are both enjoying this book and have just got up to the end of WW1 and it is time for the DBEM to go to bed!

Margaret said...

I hope I can do justice to this and make a perfect notebook cover

Margaret said...

This will be the fourth notebook cover I have made and they are always well received. Probably because they go to those who still use pen and paper - unlike the younger generation:-)

Sandy said...

Love the pretty stitching, but don't understand your abbreviation, what is DBEM mean? I've not read allowed since my daughter was young and we used to read allowed to each other. She loved it.
Sandy's Space