Sunday 22 July 2018

Stash busting

While I decide what to do next I  have stitched up the ingredients for a small Mary Stewart Hussif.
It has been some time since I did any Wessex Stitchery and the rhythm took some a while to find but all is well.
The linen is a left over piece of 28 count in that vintage cloudy look that Zweigart loved a few years ago. 
The Silk floss and perle cotton are from stash.   Very satisfying on all counts.   I am hoping there will be a piece of lining fabric in the box when I look although at present I can't really think of what could be suitable.   Gaye Eaton's book on Wessex Stitchery gives clear instructions for the finger knotted cord and for how to do the fiddly little tags that go at each end.
Guess what I will be doing tomorrow night?   That is unless the DBEM has some other more pressing repair needs for her current knitting.

3 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love this kind of needlework Margaret, it must be so rewarding to see it develop. I've had the same book for many years too but I've never had the courage to tackle a project.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a lovely colourway in the silk thread! I have no clear idea what a hussif looks like, so I'm looking forward to seeing this finished.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a pretty stitch and a lovely thread colour too.