Wednesday 12 March 2014

A Gentle Let Down...

Tonight I was let down gently.... two gentlemen from the factory next door to where I work kindly told me I had a "very flat tyre, miss" and drove off.  
Sure enough - it was flat - very flat.

I pulled out my mobile phone (kept only for just such emergencies and never used otherwise) and my Automobile Association card and began the unfamiliar process of dialling.... when along came a gentle Pacific Island man who said "leave it to me, miss".   And ten minutes and a lot of huffing and puffing (on his part) later my flat tyre turned into this.

I drove carefully home feeling quite uplifted at help received and tomorrow will get a new tyre - I hope!
This one feels like a toy tyre:-)
Tonight I have visitors for the evening so no stitching.

See you later.

4 comments:

Gillie said...

Hmm, not so very gentle - men......hooray for your knight in shining armour! Sending best wishes to your mum and hope she is feeling better.

KimM said...

Oh my. How inconvenient.Too bad the first crew couldn't have been of more help - a big shout out to your rescuer!

Karen said...

Many onions to the two "gentlemen" and a huge bouquet of orchids to the gentle man who actually helped you. Hmmm...wonder what the "gentlemen" would think if their wives (or mothers) were in the same position and two guys did what they did...

Pamela said...

Hope you were able to get the tire replaced without much trouble. Hope all is well with your mother tonight.