Monday 22 July 2013

Not long to go

Today marks 333.5 weeks until I retire!   And what will I do then......?
I will stitch
I will read
I will go for long walks
I will go to the gym
I will cook
I will travel
I will sew
I will knit
I will garden

I will not wake to an alarm clock at 6am
I will not drive to work and incarcerate myself in a small office at the back of a warehouse
I will not be held responsible for the mistakes of others
I will not try and extract payment of bills from those who don't wish to pay for goods purchased
I will not be tied to an 8am - 5pm work schedule

I will be free!!!!!

Can you tell that this week has not started well and I need something to look forward to?

9 comments:

Pamela said...

I remember all too well working in an office! (And I probably will have to go back to that one day). I feel for you and hope things get better as the week goes on.

sheri said...

I feel your pain and I hope the rest of your week is much better! Hang in there!!! You have a great list. Just keep thinking of the freedom coming your way in 333.5 weeks and don't forget the Holiday breaks in there!
~Sheri

sheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

I hope that the week improves! Retirement is such a dream :) Hugs!

cucki said...

yup..i am praying and hope that week improves for you.
sending you big hugs and love sweet friend.
x

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Oh Margaret, we all feel like this at times. It's like being the little hamster going round and round in the wheel. Try not to let it get you down.

Heather said...

Gosh, those sounds like wonderful plans. But don't put them all off until you retire. I hope things look up for you soon. ♥

KimM said...

Oh boy. I remember when I retired. Now I still don't have enough time to do all I want to do. I still wake up about 4AM.....after 5 years of retirement. Guess I've been programmed, but I really don't mind. I love mornings. All that said, I hope your week improves. Know we are all cheering for you -

Karen said...

Ohh Margaret, I do hope your week got better. I'm glad you have something to look forward to. I dream of retirement, but it's probably not going to be for another 20 years lol.