Saturday 31 December 2011

Goodbye 2011

Well, 2011 is about to come to a close here in New Zealand -  a little earlier than for most of you folks who read this.   Our weather is appalling and most of the major holiday destinations have cancelled their fireworks celebrations.  So instead of the usual Happy New Year picture I will leave you with this photo of a sad looking Pohutukawa tree on the mountain I can see from my window.   These trees flower in brilliant scarlet at Christmas and have usually faded to a dull red by New Year.   That fading coupled with the inclement weather make a dismal New Year's eve!  

But.... on a happier note.   All cleaning is finished.   My computer photo files are sorted and a full back up done.   Now all I need to do is wait for midnight :-)

The HDHBEM is frantically knitting to finish yet another Hospice Cardigan before the start of 2012.   We took a photograph of all that she has completed and pressed.
Just look at them.   How many do you think there are?

I see that my Blogaversary is on 7 January and so in honour of the occasion I will be doing a surprise giveaway.  If you would like to be included in the draw please leave a comment on this post and please mention in your comment how many Hospice Cardigans are in the photo above.   Those with the correct number will go in the draw over which the HDHBEM will preside on 7 January  (NZ time).

14 comments:

gracie said...

Yes please enter my name in the drawing...I think there are 17...yes?

Vera said...

Happy New Year Margaret!! Beautiful cardigans...I guess 19.
Vera

Catherine said...

Wow! That's a lot of cardigans! I'm going to go with 20. Outside of a number, I'd say there are enough to make some youngin's very warm and toasty!
Happy New Year!

Kcno said...

I would like to be entered in the drawing. I think there are 22 cardigans! What a wonderful project!

Phyllis said...

I think there are 25 sweaters, and what a wonderful ministry your mom has with her knitting. Happy New Year and Happy Blogversary.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Hi Margaret,
I just found your blog, and it's great! I'm going to go with 20 as well. Happy New Year!

barb said...

I think there are 20 cardigans and they all look lovely.

I would love it if you would explain what HDHBEM means. Everytime I read it I try to figure it out but so far with no success!

Also, do you have any news of Miss Flossie. Since she moved on to another home, news on her has been sadly missing.

Happy New Year to you and your mom.

Barb

Mary in TN said...

I believe there are 24 cardigans and all are so beautiful. Wish I could do that for my grandsons. She has done an amazing job.

Mary in TN

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Happy New Year Margaret. I think your mum does amazing work and there could be 21 cardigans.

Denise said...

I just want to say how very sweet and
generous (with her time and talents) your mother truly is....I can just imagine the look on the children's
faces when they receive such a lovely sweater! Many blessings to you both.

Mindi said...

I'm guessing 20 cardigans, but however many thare are, its a lot. Busy fingaers for a great cause! My grandmother does something similar, crocheting a decorative edge on flannel baby receiving blankets, which she then donates to.a charity organization.

hohla said...

Маргарет, я насчитала 21 кардиган. А может 22? Столько связать - молодцы!!! Уважаю очень!!! С новым годом!!!

Unknown said...

I see 21. What beautiful work!

Blu said...

I put the count at 21.
How very generous of the HDHBEM to knit all those cardis!