Thursday 2 May 2024

And I’m on my way

 Travelling with Little Sister is interesting.   I mean how would you spend the time if you had a day at the airport?   Well New Zealand’s famed needlework store The Ribbon Rose is only an Uber drive away, says she.  So off we went.   Big Sister, that’s me, kept a beady on her to ensure no purchases of bulky wool!  We compromised  on one new knitting pattern.   And as Emirates does not allow knitting needles in carry on luggage there has been no knitting today.

Instead we have safely checked in, passed through the Express Lane in Departures and are now spending time in the Emirates Business Lounge.   I could get used to this life!   Current-me is thankful to past-teenage-me for starting the travel savings so early and being able to indulge in this luxury.

See you again when I arrive in Manchester tomorrow.

10 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

O wow! The big adventure has started. I hope you enjoy everything about it!

Maggie said...

Safe journey and enjoy!

Chris said...

WA--HO How exciting Have a truly wonderful time.

Heritage Hall said...

God-speed....and safe, relaxing travel.

Linda Meyer said...

Sounds like fun! Looking forward to your travel posts.

Linda

Sophie said...

Great to see the start off

mylene said...

Have a safe travels.

Lyndle said...

What a great start to your journey! Have a fabulous time!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh how exciting! You've been planning this trip since I first started following you and now it's here!

Leonore Winterer said...

Flying Emirates AND the lounge - you know how to travel right! Shame about the knitting, though.