Wednesday 3 April 2024

The Great UK Adventure #1

 Dreams of this first began when I was about 13 and I wrote in a notebook the things I wanted to do and see when I visited the UK.   Mostly gleaned from my avid reading,  the first item on the list was "kippers for breakfast".   I opened a bank account for this when I had my first holiday job and saved carefully since so now I can indulge.

In four weeks Little Sister and I will be leaving on the great adventure and I will be enjoying spending my savings on an itinerary that ticks off so many items and places.   I plan on having a travel diary up on this blog.   In the remaining days before departure there will be the boring parts like packing, cleaning the house, arranging for the neighbour to do my lawns and all the other life admin.   But excitement levels are rising sky high.


10 comments:

Pamela said...

I’m excited that you can take this trip! I look forward to reading about it.

Frugally challenged said...

I hope we don't disappoint! Enjoy every minute.

Maggie said...

Have fun, hopefully all this rain we've been having will have stopped by then and you can enjoy your sightseeing. May and June are usually our better months for weather 😀

Chris said...

Sounds like a good plan, and kippers need brown bread and butter, yum!

Anne W. said...

I live in UK (near Brighton), I have been following your blog for years. How exciting for you to travel this far. Enjoy your trip!

Heritage Hall said...

O Margaret dear ~ I can promise that you will be rewarded for your diligence in pursuing this dream... Great Britain leaves you with remarkable and wondrous memories that hold you in good stead for many years. I suspect you will pick up a few clues to tempt you to add to
your list for yet another trip some day. Bon voyage and go with God..

Mylene said...

Have a safe travels and have fun. Looking forward to read about your travels.

Grace said...

I am so excited that you re finally taking your trip to the UK, I do hope we might be able tomeeet. I will email you

diamondc said...

Margaret: I hope you have an amazing trip, you were very smart to start saving as you did.

Catherine🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

Leonore Winterer said...

What an adventure! I hope you'll tell us all about the things you see and do when you get back :)