Sunday 9 April 2023

Finally…..a finish

 Life is back to my usual now after Older Brother’s funeral.   However stitching mojo has not recovered yet and I have forced myself to complete this set.

In an effort to reduce my huge stash of embroidery fabrics I have decided to make some covered coat hangers.   First up is one for a birthday gift needed for the beginning of August.   I’m thinking of using a hardanger pattern from deep stash.   So tonight’s pleasurable activity is to go through my fabric and select an appropriate linen.

My great nephew who lives in Amsterdam should be warm next winter!  Little Sister, his Granny, and I are both knitting pure wool sweaters :)   Here’s my latest effort.

And I have booked a weekend away in the central North Island to attend the Sampler Gathering and have enrolled in the Ukrainian class.   Four classes are offered and all are counted work but I found this one most appealing although I certainly do not need another small bag!   It will be good to have friendly company for this adventure.  Here’s the tutor sample.  Mine of course will be blue!

See you later

4 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Happy Easter you -mine is just beginning, your's must be nearing its end.

That bag looks lovely and I'm sure when you make yours you will find a good use for it.

Heritage Hall said...

A very blessed Eastertide to you Margaret. That sweater is a masterpiece
and should be cherished even in memory. Good to hear you will be among kindred spirits for what looks like a delightful gathering...have fun.

Leonore Winterer said...

Glad to hear from you, Margret! That sweater you are making is gorgeous, and I hope you'll have a great class weekend (or maybe already had, I'm a little late!)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The jumper looks lovely and snuggly warm!
The bag is lovely too, it will be a great addition to the collection.