Tuesday 3 January 2023

What will 2023 bring?

Happy New Year.   I contracted the dreaded Covid on Christmas night so was in self isolation for seven days from Boxing Day.   Prior to this I’d have said I was quite content with my own company but….I certainly felt the impact on my mental health and now although I’m really cautious I am going to try to meet up with friends each day for a while.

But I did manage to finish the Frisian Whitework and have begun the construction of the cushion.  Step one is as below.   I’m now puzzling over what to do in the ‘windows’ behind the cut work.   They need a dark colour so perhaps a small patch at each window?

And I’ve made a new start on a pattern from an Inspirations magazine last year.   I ordered the fabric especially from a New Zealand company.   It’s called Bay of Island Blue and will be all stitched in white so should look quite stunning.   

And I plan on working on Betsy Morgan’s Virgin Queen’s Stitching Pocket although I will substitute floss as Gloriana is out of my price range.

And that's all for today.

5 comments:

Pamela said...

I started Betsy Morgan’s Virgin Queen’s Stitching Pocket late last year and plan to get back to it soon. There are so many pretty things in that book!
Your other two pieces are gorgeous.

Frugally challenged said...

Sorry to hear you had the dreaded C****d! I'm very impressed that you could get your head together to stitch! Best wishes for 2023.

Leonore Winterer said...

Hope your feeling better now and will get your mental wellness up to par again soon! Your stitching plans sound lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry to hear that COVID got to you! Hope there won’t be any lasting effects.
I love that beautiful blue fabric. Looking forward to seeing what you share with us this year.

Maggie said...

Sorry that you got Covid and hope you feel better now. Yep I felt much the same, quite happy in my own company but being isolated is something completely different, and hard to explain.