Saturday 14 January 2023

Quandary

 A recent day spent in the company of six great nieces and a great nephew was noisy but fun.   The oldest - nearly 8 - was happy to chat to “Great Antie” (sic) and I was telling her how I’d made one of her cousins a dress and a rag doll with a matching one.  Her wistful comment “cute” set me to wondering and now I’m in a quandary.   If I make her a set like that then I’ll need to do one each for her two younger sisters.  Question is have I the stamina to do three rag dolls??

Anyway the set for the soon-to-be-one year old is nearly complete.  Today the bodice and buttons will go on the dress for Baby Nell and the doll will get her knickers and face.  I rather think the black slippers need a ribbon tie too so while I’m out I will search for the appropriate very very narrow ribbon.



7 comments:

Heritage Hall said...

Your little ones are so fortunate to have received the work of your hands through the years, Margaret. Love the latest. Sounds as though you are considering making "family" dolls rather than for individuals in the future... makes sense. Whatever you decide, you continue to bless...

Linda Meyer said...

Such a cute dolly!

Happy stitching,
Linda

Maggie said...

The little rag doll is so cute and I'm sure she will be much loved.
Hope you are feeling much better now

Frugally challenged said...

Could the rag doll be the eighth birthday present for each child? That way the making could be spaced out a little! So you use a pattern and if so where did you find it? That one looks lovely

grandma sandy said...

Yes, I think the fair thing to do is to make one for each child and "Frugally Challenged"s idea to make one for a specific event/age is the perfect solution. I have five grandchildren and have cross stitched a sampler for each one as well as a quilt per child. Don't think for a minute that the little stinkers don't keep track of who gets what and when! I always look forward to reading your posts, Margaret. Your fan from Kentucky in the U.S.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh I love your rag dolls, but I can see how making a bunch of them might be a bit of a drag! Your young relatives are so lucky to have you for an auntie.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That’s a lovely rag doll. I do like the idea of spacing them out so the children have something to look forward to.