Sunday 15 August 2021

Look at these beauties

 My lovely next door neighbour is the re-incarnation of Beatrix Potter’s Mr McGregor and his garden is something I am trying to emulate.   But it is no good me planting the same vegetables as he does because inevitably he supplies me :). This week it was this perfect cauliflower which I am now going to have to cook in a multitude of ways and freeze as the DBEM cannot eat this vege.   I love a pizza base made with cauliflower rice  so much of it will be frozen in suitable portions for that.  

Yesterday I stitched up the small pocket made with the “thrums” from Claire. I had sat up late to complete the stitching and then had a sore shoulder from the repetition and a sore thumb from pushing the thick thread through the unforgiving canvas.  But the finished result is just what I envisaged and will be most useful.

The luncheon mats are completed too and the DBEM is delighted with them and is being very careful not to spill anything :)

Now I have only four projects lying in the basket so have promised myself I will not start anything new until two of those are finally finished.  Onwards and upwards!  I am making some progress on the notebook cover too - the chives, the tansy and the sage are complete.   Just the borage and the comfrey to go.  Can you tell this is from an English book?   

Well that's all for  now.



5 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

I wish I could grow cauli like that! When I did get a few to grow they all were ready at the same time and they went to seed within days!

That "thrum" pocket is lovely. What am I saying - actually all your work is lovely!

Sheryl said...

Pretty English wildflowers and impressive cauliflower from your generous neighbour. I like the lovely useful pocket you have made.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW Your neighbor is quite the gardener

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that cauliflower looks yummy! And your stitching looks great. Just four projects, that sounds very manageable!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I don't eat cauliflower but that is a beautiful specimen! Do you have vegetable shows where you are?
The English flowers are lovely too.