Last Saturday I bravely left my embroidery spectacles at Mortimer Hirst to let the handsome Grant make me new lenses. So all week I struggled with clip on magnifiers. I have been almost too tired to stitch but managed to make these "doubles". Why does everything have two sides - even an argument?!
My mulberry Mary Stewart Hussif is turning out well. The hardanger decoration is backed with a small square of cream calico and the lining is some ancient cotton quilting fabric from stash. Now I need to buttonhole stitch all the way around both pieces before joining them together.
1. Finish off strawberry pin keep
2. Complete Mary Stewart Hussif
3. Finish hemming quilted placemats
4. Construct Advent "candles" for Christmas Gift
5. Tack out linen for hardanger jewellery roll
6. Lace linen panels of Sampler Casket
Now I am off to put Chicken Soup into the slow cooker and Sweet and Sour Pork Casserole into the oven. I try to do the week's cooking over the weekend leaving the HD3QBEM to heat up meals through the week. She feels she's helping and I get a meal quickly when I get home after work then gym. A win-win wouldn't you say?