Last week I made a determined effort to finish my knitted socks. Having now dug a deep hole in my left forefinger, I can confirm that these fair hands have completed a pair of identical socks. There was some worry at the commencement of sock two as to whether these would be identical or fraternal twins - but all is well.
While my sewing machine was out I did a couple of mending jobs and exerted considerable self restraint in not starting one of my planned dressmaking projects. There are still several weeks to summer so dressmaking is not high on the list of priorities.
I think this linen is fine enough to try out a biscornu from Yvette Stanton's Sardinian Knotted Embroidery book.
These plans should see this week filled and then it will be back to building chests for mermaids. With all the materials to hand there is no real excuse for not completing this by the end of the month. Watch this space.