This week I have been patiently working on my piece of cream linen. Initially I tacked this out for the Hardanger Sewing Pod and followed the instructions to the letter. Well! There were huge areas of unused linen and at such a high price per metre I was not happy, so decided to make small items to fill in the gaps.
Inspired by the fob watch ornaments that Vonna made I went to my local Spotlight store (thinking it was similar to Joanns and Michaels) and they looked at me as if I were off another planet. Three attempts and no luck so I searched out an old hardanger book and found the charts for little book mark tags. These will go in to the sale of work at our Guild later in the year. I've also managed to fit in one hardanger tassel - I think this is the 25th one I have made of this pattern.
But the threads look lovely and some of these are new to me so I am looking forward this project.