Saturday 22 June 2013

A cold week!

In many ways this past week has been a cold cold week.   Our weather forecasters correctly predicted a polar blast of ferocious proportions and in this they were correct.   Further south of Auckland extreme gale force winds wreaked havoc and snow closed major highways and caused all sorts of grief for farmers.   The capital city, Wellington, was isolated at one point as all roads in and out were blocked.   Here in Auckland our temperatures dropped and tempers rose: at one time the level of complaints among staff rose to Guinness Record Book heights!  
My head cold got worse before it got better.   I no longer have a sore throat and runny nose.   Just a hacking chesty cough.   Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
Manipulating tissues and needles doesn't work so I did more reading than stitching this week.   But I did find a wonderful hardanger acorn here.   (Have no fear you will manage to decipher the Cyrillic script if you can read hardanger charts.)   I raided my stash and have trialled one as a scissor fob. 
Tonight I plan to stitch the medallion in the centre of each side and then hopefully to continue with the Irish castle on my book cover while I watch Amanda Redman on 'New Tricks'.
Hope you all have a warm and uneventful evening.

9 comments:

cucki said...

Stay warm and happy stitching xx

Pamela said...

Glad you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing the acorn!

stitchersanon said...

Oh terrible. We never see New Zealand as being cold even though we have family over there who go skiing in the mountains; I guess our minds prefer the picture of sunny beaches. Keep warm and watch that cough: last thing you need is a chest infection. Keep safe!

Chris said...

I hope that your cold is better, I hope that you are getting lots of rest. The acorn is beautiful. Lovely thread choice.
Hugs!

Karen said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. Nothing worse than a pesky cold. Your acorn scissor fob is really pretty. I love the fall colours.

Jules said...

Feel better! I know what gale force winds can do to a person (I am originally from Michigan about 1300 miles north from where I currently live in the US). Winters there are bitterly cold! Stay warm and bundled with lots of stitching and books!!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I find it hard to think of you having cold weather - it just doesn't seem right at this time of year. There's nothing worse than a virus that won't go away - it really drags you down. You do like your British television Margaret.

kimstitch3 said...

How pretty. Love your work. Beautiful as always. Have a wonderful Sunday Margaret

Fiona said...

Hope you feel better soon. Your acorns look lovely.