Sunday 3 April 2011

The Memory Book

Good afternoon  -  this has been a loooong week for me but I have managed to do some stitching.   Well to be more precise -  several metres of red lines!



These are the edges of the pages for the great memory book.   Once I have cut the stiffening they will all be whipped together to form the book.
Also managed to complete the C and the W and the appropriate Bible verses against each initial.   Am not 100% satisfied with the W but it shall remain as is.  I wanted a different type of stitching for each initial and the idea was better in the planning than in the execution.



Now I have a small border around the actual 'birth announcement' and then a couple of frames for the photographs that come on final two pages.   Also the 'winchester stitch' motif on page 3.  The fabric for the cover has been purchased but I am still awaiting the inspiration to arrive!   I have really enjoyed stitching this but am itching to get back to my large sampler.   I have a week's annual leave scheduled in May so plan on a marathon stitching session then.

Meanwhile, take care everyone.

8 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I think the W looks amazing, I don't know why you're not pleased with it but I do know the feeling. The whole piece looks really, really good - you should be proud.

Karen said...

I think the W looks great! I look forward to seeing it finished off!

Phyllis said...

What an amazing piece. I can't wait to see the completed book. It is fabulous!

sheri said...

Margaret, that is an incredible piece of work. I can't imagine all the planning that went into it.

And I think the "W" is fabulous! I think it is quite appropriate as it looks like a specialized letter created by a Medieval Monk! Great job! :O)

Lumiruusu said...

I have ever seen anythings like that before..
It looks awesome and I can just admire your skills in stitching!!

Michelle said...

Hi Margaret! Thank you so much for visiting my blog - it is great to find someone else who is stitching the 'Historic Countries' Sampler.

The Memory Book looks amazing - I can't wait to see the completed book! I also think the 'W' looks really good.

Smily-Света said...

Looks absolutely great!

Gillie said...

It is going to be lovely and the "W" is fine, honestly!