Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Olya's Mystery Biscornu #2

My rotation has already been put aside for a short time- I started this mystery biscornu from Olya's blog and tonight finally finished it off. This is the first I have made with "ordinary" fabric on the back and it was rather a mission but I am pleased with the result. This was stitched with unknown threads from my stash on a scrap of 28 count linen of unknown origin. The little star button suits don't you think? I had the green velvet in my stash - a left over from Christmas stockings some years back. Ahh - the value of a good stash.Do visit Olya's blog and see the beautiful red one she made.

I have managed to complete and construct page one and page two of my "Anne of Green Gables book - so I haven't totally abandoned my rotation :-) We have a long holiday weekend coming and I plan on finishing - constructing my Winter Exchange and after that it will be some days on Anne - I need to make progress.
Have a good evening everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Well done! It must have been fiddly using ordinary fabric as the base, I'm in awe of your finishing skills, as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Margaret! Your stitching is perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finishing! i've only done one biscornu and i found that fiddly to stitch up, your brave to try with a fabric backing, congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second what Nic said - I'm wondering how you put that together using velvet for your base. Wow. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful finish, but what a lot of work to get that backing fabric on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret Biskornyu turned out very beautiful! Thank you for sending photos! I hope you'll continue to embroider my designs!

    ReplyDelete