Wednesday 30 January 2008

January has been a productive month




These hot nights make me restless so its good to rise early in the morning cool and that has meant stitching time so January has been a productive month. This box from Beardie Designs was a treat to stitch and a real pain to construct! I agonised over how to keep the lid down as my "hinge" at the back proved to be just the right pressure to stop the lid closing perfectly. But in the middle of the night - inspiration! A fishing line lead sinker in the head of the tassel would do the trick and it did! Looking at the box now I think the tassels may be too big but I am certainly not redoing them. Can you imagine my sense of satisfaction when I took these pictures this morning?

1 comment:

Terri said...

What a clever idea! It looks very nice :)