Tuesday 23 January 2024

Long Time No Blog

 It is ages since I have updated my blog and I hasten to reassure any who are still reading this that I am quite well and indeed have just returned from an extended holiday in Japan visiting friends.   After a break of 36 years I had a Japanese Christmas and New Year - and the cold weather that accompanied this season.   New Zealand may have been sweltering under a hot summer but the days were cold in Japan.   Still it was a lovely time.  I took lots of photographs, ate a lot, walked thousands of steps each day and did no embroidery.   Such was my guilt about the latter, I packed my threads and fabric in my cabin luggage for the return flight but was so tired I slept all the way.

Now I’m home and catching up on washing etc I fully intend to set a regular schedule and make friends with my needle and thread again.   A Wessex Stitchery Drawstring Bag is started and I have promised my Japanese friend a hardanger “curtain” for her to hang over her dressing table mirror!   Yes, I was surprised at that too but she definitely wants such so I’m in the process of purchasing the 32 count linen and appropriate DMC Perle on line and will soon make a start on that.   Meanwhile, there’s laundry, shopping, garden, catch up with family and friends and generally a resetting of daily life.

And on Friday, Little Sister and I go to make bookings for The Great UK adventure.   I have an interesting life:)

8 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm glad you had a nice trip!

Heritage Hall said...

Welcome home... Your trip sounds so enjoyable, though cold. It does take some time to readjust to regular routine and you will be stitching along in no time. Enjoy the garden and such.

Wanda McColl said...

I am so happy that you had a great trip, Margaret! It's great to see a post from you.

Lyn Warner said...

Enjoy getting back to your embroidery. The mirror curtain is certainly intriguing.

Cherie Moore said...

How wonderful, after 36 years, to have Christmas in Japan with friends. No hand work means you were busy enjoying life, right? Hope you’ve adjusted from jet lag.

Chris said...

Welcome home Margaret, what a great time you've had. Great to see you posting again.

Leonore Winterer said...

That sounds like a lovely trip, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Welcoem back for now, until you leave on your big adventure :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to hear that you had a good Christmas and New Year, I am far behind in blog reading!