Wednesday 12 July 2023

Wessex

 At Guild we are doing a group project of a Concertina Wessex Stitchery Needlecase.   This has been an exercise in patience and reverse stitching for me; and I thought I could count😉. However I have made progress as this photo proves.   The panel of the right has to have needle lace flowers to complete it and the panel on the left , although the stitching is correct, is actually in the wrong place.   So I will have to get out of that and start again correctly.  Oh dear.   


Meanwhile on the estate we have M U D !   My little cottage stands in a quagmire which is being tamed by two hunky landscapers as frustrated as I by the incessant rain.   Yesterday I chose paving stones, said no to the suggestion of an extra garden bed and prayed that all this would soon end!   The finished result will be good but I don’t love the process.

And as an added bonus I went to the hospital for a Venogram which required an IV lure in each arm.   My right arm is always a challenge and yesterday it took 7 attempts and three different nurses to admit failure before they decided that Ultrasound Guidance was needed.   After all that trauma the actual procedure was only a matter of minutes but I am happy that the cardiologist is now confident he can do the surgery here in Palmerston North and I won’t be sent to Auckland.  Such is life.  Good and Bad.  Sweet and Sour.  Or as Maisie Mosco said in her book, Almonds and Raisins.

Having slept well I’m ready to face another day.



4 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

You have my total sympathy in wanting the work done in the garden by yesterday. I had builders in for eleven weeks earlier this year and it wasn't fun. However, I'm loving my house and garden even more so it was worth it!

Merilde said...

The stitching is lovely. We have had rain in New England for weeks with much flooding in areas. I sympathize with your mud! It will be so nice when done-keep those thoughts. Lori

Leonore Winterer said...

Interesting stitching! I'm sorry about the rain and the procedure, but sincerely hope everything will turn out alright.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The needlecase is going to be lovely.
What a lot of mud! Are you sure you’re not in England?
Hope the procedure goes well too.