Thursday 22 June 2023

A new start and a little progress

 While talking with Little Brother recently I realised that Christmas is not too far away and this years ornaments for the family have not been started.   So I went through my collection of Just Cross Stitch Ornament issues and chose six that looked promising.   This week I have made a start on one and in the process discovered that I enjoy stitching once again :)

I finished this as a small hanging pillow - it’s not too firmly stuffed.

Also I was commissioned by a friend to make a bag as a thank you to the lady who donated a lot of fabrics to our stitch group.   I had taken three pieces so was only too happy to make a bag and hope that this creation suits.   The felted ornamental front came in one piece and I merely attached it.   All in all a good sturdy bag which should be useful.

So on a roll, I dived into stash and also made a bag which I was convinced would not work geometrically as it has no side pieces.  But voila!   I shall send this to an aunt who is going through a tough time as she loves roses and pink!!

And I have started on a kit I purchased eons ago.   I was slightly unnerved to find it was over one thread of 32 count linen but so far so good.   I’m using a mix of DMC and Dinky Dyes to keep the costs down but I must confess that silk is far easier to stitch with than cotton.   If I were a rich woman I would stitch only with silk!  Pictures of that to come when enough progress has been made!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful stitching as usual and getting ready for Christmas, wow! I used to stitch ornies for foamily and friends too.

Leonore Winterer said...

Of course 'not too long too Christmas' is a different measure of time to us stitchers than most other people, but to hear you say it still unnerves me! Glad you are enjoying your stitching again, though.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

We haven’t even had Halloween yet! But yes, you do need to get started now if you want to stitch and finish the ornaments in time.
Lovely bags too.