Friday 21 June 2019

Last of the socks

This is the last of the socks - the last I shall be knitting for some time.   The ten pairs I have is enough for one person's feet!!
Aren't the small pair cute?   I have put them with the DBEM's finished knitting and they can go to the Hospice Shop next time. 
Today the DBEM had her check at the doctor and stocked up on her prescription medicines again.   I had a pacemaker check and then crossed off a few chores from the list which included taking the remainder of the sock wool to the charity store so someone else can have the pleasure of knitting some small pairs :-)   All in all a good day

10 comments:

Heritage Hall said...

You and the beloved DBEM are charity queens
How others are enriched by your generosity
and care. Also a great checking off the
list kind of day.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The socks are lovely, so cheerful and bright for your Winter.

Leonore Winterer said...

Those small pairs are cute indeed! Maybe I should cast one some socks soon...

Margaret said...

They are bright but are usually hidden under trousers or boots or both:-)

Margaret said...

The small pair are cute but I can't see myself repeating that size any time soon. That being said, I hope they will keep some child's feet very warm.

Margaret said...

It's a great thing to be able to do what you enjoy and at the same time give pleasure and benefit to others. May my mother's example live on in me.

Astrids dragon said...

They look wonderful, I'm sure they'll make a couple people very happy! And how nice that you donate the leftover yarn for others to create.

Sheryl said...

These are lovely socks. You have such patience to make so many.

Margaret said...

I like warm woollen socks in the winter but don't usually knit so many pair all at once!

Margaret said...

The yarn is so pretty. Far too good to waste.