Tuesday 23 April 2019

A profitable day

This morning the DBEM and I went to the Hospice Shop to deliver the knitteds.   Before we went I calculated that it is 15 years since she began this project so it felt worthy of a photograph.   The manager of the shop was delighted with the garments and quickly grabbed her phone for a photo too. Who knows if the DBEM will have enough oomph for knitting in the year ahead?
This afternoon I ventured into the stash cupboard and sorted out charts and threads and bits and bobs. Fabrics are already in their place - large boxes labelled >32 count, 32 count, 28 count and miscellaneous.   Works for me :).  Anyways the cupboard is now ultra tidy and I found several charts that I will attempt to sell on TradeMe (New Zealand equivalent of  Ebay) and more significantly I found a project.   So when the elf has his other boot and bells and is finished I will start on this....
And would you like to see the tidy cupboard?   How long it will stay so neat is anyone's guess.
Off to another item on the extended list.

12 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

I am so jealous of your tidy cupboard! It wouldn't stay like that for very long in my house. Maybe ten minutes.

Maggie said...

I think it's great that your mum is still able to knit these little garments. I bet they are much appreciated by the shop. Your cupboard looks very tidy, my aim is to get all my stash down to one cupboard, well more of a dream really, lol.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Well done once more to you and your mum Margaret - so many hours of knitting and sewing.
I love your new stitching choice.

Margaret said...

The joys of living in a two bedroom apartment Mary. Everything has its place and has to stay there! But I am on a downsizing mission at present.

Margaret said...

Thank you. I'm not a great hoarder and have confined space in my apartment so needs must in the stash realm.

Margaret said...

Thanks Ann. I think Mother was surprised it was so many years and has returned home today with renewed vigour in the knitting.

Astrids dragon said...

I hope that whatever your Mother is able to knit brings her joy, what a treasure!
Your cupboard does look nice and tidy, always so much easier to find everything.

Leonore Winterer said...

Your new project looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing it gorw.

Margaret said...

I feel really good about my tidy cupboard and the fact that I "released" some stash to a fellow stitcher.

Margaret said...

Thanks. It is growing well. I finished the sides of the main box tonight so will have an update photo soon.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Mum looks very well in the photo. 15 years is a wonderful record.
The cupboard looks so neat too.

Margaret said...

You're right Jo. 15 years is quite a committment. She received a lovely letter of thanks this year which brought a sparkle to her eye:-)