Friday 3 March 2023

Presents for little girls

Tonight I have finished  dress and doll for “soon to be 8, Great Niece I”.  The dress fabric was on sale so I was happy.   She is tall and her mother has supplied the finished length measurement so hopefully all will be well.


The parcel that went off for Great Niece X last week was obviously a success.  I was pleased with it.


Her mother said all the girls enjoyed their gifts but the dress was a great hit!   It is a full wrap and with the frill definitely has the twirl factor!   Dearly Beloved Elderly Mother’s button box provided the decorations for the dolls shoes.   I love it when I can use bits and pieces from stash.  Great Niece I has a small cloisonné butterfly brooch on her doll.   It belonged to Dearly Beloved Elderly Mother’s Grandmother.   My niece and her husband like history so I’m hoping that Great Niece I will enjoy having a brooch which belonged to her Great Great Grandmother   Or maybe all that will be too much for an 8 year old mind to comprehend.   

Next I need to complete the Blue Boston Etui.   I’m currently making a pin cube and still have the top of the bag to finish off.   Then I have some wool and a new pattern to knit a pair of winter socks.   But I want to dig into my stash and find another embroidery project too.   Hopefully my embroidery mojo will return now that Dolls and Dresses are out of the way.


7 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Those are gorgeous! I especially like the first one.

Heritage Hall said...

Margaret ~ Every little girl should have such an endearing Aunt... you are a
marvel of generosity of spirit with these beautiful sets to your little ones.
I always look forward to seeing what your golden hands are accomplishing.
Blessings across the miles.

Mylene said...

They are all so lovely and very neatly finished!

grandma sandy said...

My favorite gifts as a very young child were a handmade doll quilt and a small doll with a crocheted dress sent to me from a very special aunt. I imagine your nieces will feel the same way about you as I do when thinking of that particular favorite aunt who took the time to make and send me those beloved gifts. Seventy years later, her kind gestures remain as bright spots in a somewhat lonely childhood.

Lyn Warner said...

The dresses and matching dolls are too sweet! What lucky little girls!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those dresses and dolls are lovely. I am glad the girls love them too.
I am sure they will appreciate the family heirlooms too, it’s nice to learn about the family history. If you have photos of Grandma as a child they might like them too, I enjoyed seeing picture of my grandparents as children. There weren’t any of my Great Grands because they were born in Victorian times!
I also like the new meaning to DBEM, I wonder how she would have adapted to us having a King now! It still sounds strange to my ears,

Leonore Winterer said...

That new dress is wonderful, I love the fabric. So nice and cheery! Good luck with your other projects!