Monday 19 December 2022

Merry Christmas

After cleaning up my stash cupboard I finish-finished a very pink drawstring bag.

Then put some more stitches into the cushion cover (and reacquainted myself with my dislike of tiny eyelets) which is nearing its halfway point.  There are just the cut work parts to do and then the task of making it into a cushion.  Perhaps I’ll leave that till the new year.  Frisian Whitework is tricky but interesting and quite a change from my favoured Hardanger.


Made a start on my sampler cloth.  This will be a long term project and once Little Sister’s Husband has fixed the glitch with my printer I have several more cross stitch bands to continue with.


And all this after recovering from a “nasty itchy body covering rash reaction” to my dentist-prescribed antibiotics.  Yes!  Another one to add to the list of Must Not Take!   I seem to have inherited my Mother’s allergies to antibiotics and various other medications.  Besides most antibiotics, Paracetamol doesn’t like my stomach, Ibuprofen doesn’t like my skin  and Aspirin is a no go so it’s just as well I have a high pain threshold. Ha ha!

So all in all it has been an interesting couple of weeks!   Soon I shall be off to Little Sisters for Christmas celebrations . She has four grandchildren so it will certainly be noisy:)

4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful work, especially the whitework.
Sorry to hear about the reactions but at least you can note it on your medical records!
Have a lovely Christmas with your sister and family. Christmas is special with children, even noisy ones!

Lyn Warner said...

The whitework is lovely. Happy Christmas and good health!

Astrids dragon said...

All lovely stitching, the whitework is really pretty!
Sorry you had to find out the hard way about the reactions, take care of yourself.

Leonore Winterer said...

Yikes, that rash doesn't sound fun at all! Glad you recovered from that and put your time to good use stitches. Such pretty projects!