Sunday 3 July 2022

Counting Correctly

 I wanted to try an Aztec Stitch Scissor Case from instructions off the web but I didn't use canvas and instead experimented on a scrap of linen.

Tired eyes, tired brain and recent stress combined to make even the four sided stitch edging difficult and then I came to grief badly when cutting to draw threads.   

So pen and paper to hand I did some mathematical calculations and started again.   Success this time - well enough to make a passable imitation of side one.   I'm using threads from deep stash for this as it is only an experiment but so far so good.  Navy, Red and White seems a patriotic choice.

I've also started a gift for the next new baby in the family and hope to have some progress on that one to show in a day or two.  

Somehow I can't seem to settle to stitching much at the moment but at least I have needle in hand again.  I may have to go through my stash cupboard and find a new project that will grip my attention.

7 comments:

grandma sandy said...

Give yourself a break, Margaret. You've just lost your lifelong companion and you can't expect to just bounce back from that. Be kind to yourself. Your stitching will help you get your focus back but it will be a while. You have many friends who care and will be there for you, including me.

Wanda McColl said...

Thinking of you Margaret.

Heritage Hall said...

So gallant of you to pick up the needle...given time, it will bring you much comfort and renewal... Praying you through...

Didi-beadwork said...

take time. I am doing this stitch at the ANZEG conference in a couple of weeks so hoping i can cope if it is not too technical.

Leonore Winterer said...

Your stitching looks great, but don't stress yourself out. Just pick something you enjoy working on for now, to give yourself time to process and grieve.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I think it's a really good idea to give some stitching a go but don't worry if it's not perfect. Just stitching something repetitive could soothe your mind.

MillaJane said...

Don't be too hard on yourself, your loss is still very new. Maybe for now just stitch something that "doesn't matter" but just feels soothing.