I wanted to try an Aztec Stitch Scissor Case from instructions off the web but I didn't use canvas and instead experimented on a scrap of linen.
Tired eyes, tired brain and recent stress combined to make even the four sided stitch edging difficult and then I came to grief badly when cutting to draw threads.
So pen and paper to hand I did some mathematical calculations and started again. Success this time - well enough to make a passable imitation of side one. I'm using threads from deep stash for this as it is only an experiment but so far so good. Navy, Red and White seems a patriotic choice.
I've also started a gift for the next new baby in the family and hope to have some progress on that one to show in a day or two.
Somehow I can't seem to settle to stitching much at the moment but at least I have needle in hand again. I may have to go through my stash cupboard and find a new project that will grip my attention.