Sunday 6 March 2022

Christmas ornaments

 The hardanger bug has bitten again and I’m now absorbed in the tray cloth.   But before I got back to that I did finish off some more Christmas ornaments.

O Little Town of Bethlehem was from the JCS Christmas edition of  2021 and I’m pleased with how it turned out.  

The tree was Pinterest inspired but I did make a mistake and it is not as tall as the original showed.   Just as well because the linen scrap wouldn’t have allowed for more branches.   I want to try another with the correct height and have ordered some more beads for that.

The hardanger stocking was a joy to stitch and this one will definitely be staying on my tree.

Now I am back to the tray cloth and obsessed with it I must say.   So far so good and the rhythmical stitching is soothing as I have been rather unsettled lately.

Besides the stitching I have been busy in the garden removing a couple more rose bushes and bucket loads of ancient old bark from the corner of the back yard.   Then after spraying to ensure no weeds survived I laid around 30 square metres of black weedmat and have organised for fresh bark to be delivered on Tuesday.   My cousin obligingly lent me a shovel and I will use my wheelbarrow to cart the bark from delivery point to the back garden.   Once these Herculean labours are over that will be one less part of the estate that needs regular weeding/maintenance.  In late Autumn I plan to plant two dwarf fruit trees in super large pots in this area and to have smaller planters of herbs and flowers around the outer curve.  Pictures to follow when it looks less of a mess.

Meanwhile I’m off to keep the DBEM company with her audiobook - a biography of Barbara Bush.   

7 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

All those stockings are so pretty!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Hardanger stockings are all lovely! The little wonky tree is so sweet too.
Glad that the gardening is keeping you fit!

Ruth said...

All of them are beautiful. May I ask where you got the hardanger stocking pattern? That is the loveliest one I’ve seen, and your workmanship is perfect!

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful work, you are one talented lady.

Heritage Hall said...

I continue to be in awe of your Hardanger prowess, dear lady. I would also love to know the source for the stocking hardanger patterns.. I can see how the motion of that stitching might be soothing these days.

Pamela said...

I always admire your hardanger. The ornament for your tree is really pretty.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching on all the ornaments, I really admire your hardanger skills!
Sounds like you're getting a ton of gardening done too. It's always nice to do some work in the fresh air, isn't it?