Friday 13 October 2017

And another one

This year's ornaments seem never ending but five down two to go and this one is almost finished.
I'm not fond of stitching blocks of colour but that is what this needs.   Onto the green wreath will go the tiny fairy lights (individually spaced) and voila - a cute ornament, I hope.
Then I am having a break and starting a piece of hardanger for a tote bag.   In the interests of durability I'll be working in heavy linen and thick DMC perle which is not my preferred fabric and thread.   Some degree of persistence will be necessary but I really want to make this bag so will make the effort.
So another long week over and only another 24 month and 13 days until retirement:-)
Off now to some overdue emails.


6 comments:

Pamela said...

This is very cute. I've been surprised about how well known Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang are in Japan.

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a cute ornament!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

That's going to be an adorable ornament. I do love all things Charlie Brown and Snoopy. Happy stitching!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

We must be close to the same age--I have not started counting the number of months and days until retirement (just to depressing)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great ornie, love the little lights.

Heritage Hall said...

Would you share the source for the
pattern for this delightful ornament,
Margaret? Many thanks.