Saturday 19 August 2017

Christmas Sampler

Life administration and aged care fill the hours of my days that are not occupied by gainful employment and little else seems to get done.   Well, that is not entirely true.   I did manage some sewing and am almost completed a new dress for myself.   And some stitches have been added to the Christmas Quaker Sampler.   The gap towards the centre  under the wording is for the date.   I don't want to tempt fate and put 2017 just yet:-)
When the bottom right quadrant is completed (hopefully tomorrow) I will put this aside and finish my knitting.   And I need to get started on the family Christmas ornaments too.  There are only 128 days till Christmas.   We have had to put in requests for Christmas Leave at work and I am hopeful of having two weeks off so in anticipation have already made a To Do List; mainly DIY tasks but I want to do some sewing too.  
Today we had a visit from a niece who brought her second daughter to visit Great Grandma. It has been too much for Great Grandma who is at this very minute snoring in her armchair!   Admittedly Great Aunty is also rather weary after two trips to the airport and some energetic baby admiration:-)

7 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Nice to see you back Margaret, I can't believe that Christmas is creeping into the conversation in lots of places.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Please do not start the Christma countdown yet!! Christmas stitching is fine though.
Nice to spend the day with a baby too, even if she tired you both out!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I imagine you had a lovely day with the baby even if it was tiring.

Anonymous said...

Lovely work on your Christmas sampler. Finding those dollars was a lovely surprise for you.

ตารางคะแนน

Astrids dragon said...

Your sampler looks lovely, I hope you'll be able to add 2017!
Always nice to spend time with family, especially the little ones.

Von said...

Nice to read a life and stitching update, Margaret! Keep on keeping on!!

Leonore Winterer said...

Just a little over a hundred days until Christmas...I'm with Jo on this one, way to early to think about that yet! You did make great progress on that sampler, though, I hope you'll actually be able to finish this year.