Friday 27 May 2016

The first rose

The hardanger tassel is about half done but somehow tonight I cannot settle to it.  The rosebud is not showing up too well in this terrible photograph but you get the general idea.  Ten DMC colours for this tiny little rosebud.   I need to do the eyelets in all the pieces but roses come first.
We have had a cold wet week and more of the same forecast for the weekend.   Each night this week, instead of lighting the gas heater I have had the oven on and been cooking.   Biscuits one night, a chocolate slice another and tonight the smell of gingerbread permeates my house.   So the baking for the next two weeks is done and I can have a sleep in tomorrow-  or maybe not.   There are still several items on the To Do List.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh Margaret, that rose! It's so tiny and delicate. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gosh, what a detailed little rosebud! This is going to be a beautiful piece.

Pamela said...

Beautiful! I like delicate little flowers like this.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Very detailed Margaret, not the kind of stitching to do when watching television:-)
I've not baked for such a long time and yet I used to find it so relaxing.

KimM said...

This is striking, Margaret.
xxx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The rosebud is lovely - but who would think that something so small has so many thread colours in it!