Thursday 3 September 2015

Countdowns

Coldrex and I get on real well and tonight I feel ever so much better.   The HD3QBEM however is far from well and today had a home visit from her GP.  First time this has happened in over 50 years!   Still that is better than an ambulance ride to the emergency department.  GP kindly braved the rain and brought not only a diagnosis but a vial of antibiotics and strict instructions so hopefully the HD3QBEM will be on the mend soon.
I completed the filling stitches on the first hardanger motif and made a tentative beginning on the buttonhole stitch edging of the main piece.
Today I got brave and downloaded my first app onto my smart phone.  Yes!   I've had this phone for nearly two years and have ventured this far into cyberland!   This is the countdown to my retirement date....okay, I can hear the laughter but believe me seeing the seconds tick away is definitely a good thing some days:)  So 49 months 25 days 20 hours 12 minutes and 24 seconds to go.
And finally tonight I made a batch of date and orange muffins as there is a shared lunch at work to farewell yet another staff member.   I've lost count of the number of times we have had these lunches but participation is obligatory when one is on the lowest rank of the pyramid.

Hopefully I will have a more cheerful post this coming weekend.

5 comments:

Gillie said...

Oh gosh, hugs to you both but especially to the knitting whiz kid, hope the antibiotics have kicked in. Beautiful Hardanger progress.

Anna van Schurman said...

I think you need to broaden your horizons with more apps. Still, I've recently calculated that I'll probably be working for another 18 years--if I'm lucky! But I look forward to the stitching time I'll get after that! :) Your hardanger looks lovely!

Pamela said...

Hope your mom is feeling better! I didn't know doctors still made house calls - your mom must be very special.
Beautiful filling stitches. I haven't done any hardanger in a while. Maybe I should start a new project...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad they are taking care of your Mum.
Beautiful work on your hardanger.
I'm laughing at the app for the retirement countdown. I just said on Anna's blog that it will be 17-20 years before I retire. Mind you, only working part time isn't quite the same drain on my time as full time!

Sheryl said...

Beautiful hardanger progress. Great retirement countdown. Hope all colds at bay.