Monday 22 December 2014

Advent Calendar Blog Hop

Today's stop on Serendipitous Stitching's Blog Hop Advent Calendar is at my house.
I want to share my favourite handmade Christmas Ornament.    These sweet little mittens are totally out of season for a mid-Summer Christmas here in New Zealand but I love them and have displayed them on my tree every year since I first stitched them.   They are always given an especially prominent place.
Jo asked that we share a memory of our best present ever.   I have had so many lovely presents over my life but I think the Christmas surprise that was the most lovely was when I was six and woke to find black footprints right beside my bed!!   Tracing these back, I found them starting at the fireplace beside which was a real pine Christmas Tree with a pile of presents underneath it.   Santa Claus had actually been to our house and what's more he had come down the chimney!   Details of the presents have faded over the intervening years but the wonder of that Christmas morning is a delightful memory..
And so I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

6 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

What a wonderful gift that memory is! If you look really closely maybe you can see black footprints by your bed on Thursday morning this year, too.

maggie said...

How magical to wake and find santas footprints!! Love the mittens, no wonder they are a favourite they are beautiful.

Gillie said...

What a lovely memory! Love the mittens!

sew.darn.quilt said...

These little mittens are very sweet. What a delightful memory of a Christmas for you. Thank you for sharing ")
Merry Christmas*

Sheryl said...

Beautiful and unusual mittens. Love your memory of the footprints.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part this year. Your mittens are so cute.
Some people find glitter around the mince pie plate, we often find reindeer teeth marks in the leftover carrot. Amazing what an apple corer can be used for!